A recipe for the kind of world famous cakes you can expect on our #ForestGarden tour!
- 250g plain flour
- 350g demerara sugar
- 65g plain cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 250ml water
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 23 x 33cm baking tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Add grated zest of an orange, substitute some of the water with the orange juice.
- Add nuts, dried fruit etc. as is your wont.